TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
- CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
- UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
- DATA SECURITY
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SERVICE PROVIDERS
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- HOW TO CONTACT US
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
Akooba collects personal information from you when you choose to share it with us to create an online account with us, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, use our service, provide feedback or comments on our site, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include, among other information, your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card number (or other financial information), employee names, account password, and password reset challenge questions and answers. You may be required to provide certain other personal information to create your Website account. We may combine the information you provide to us with information from and about you that we automatically collect when you visit the Website, from third parties, or other online and offline sources.
Information We Automatically Collect
We use Mouseflow to record some sessions to help us optimize the Website for marketing and user experience purposes. You may opt-out here.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Website require cookies. You may adjust your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Website or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to adjust your tracking settings or cookie preferences. Note that our systems may not recognize Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Akooba may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To fulfill orders, provide Services and communicate with customers;
- To develop new products or services;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Akooba;
- To send you special offers from us, our advertisers, or third-party business partners;
- To process your registration with the Website, including verifying your email address is active and valid;
- To contact you when necessary;
- To optimize, troubleshoot, measure and monitor the performance of our services, including performing de-bugging, measuring service levels and identifying loading trends and areas of the Website that are statistically significant to our user population;
- To address problems with the Website or our business;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business;
- To use and disclose your credit/debit card information or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud; and
- To support other purposes as described to you at the point of data collection.
Please note that we may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Websites, as well as information collected offline or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Website and services.
Akooba may disclose the information we collect from and about you to third parties as follows:
- We may disclose your information to our agents, third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us related to the Website;
- Akooba may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of our business. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, or in the event of a consolidation or reorganization involving Akooba, or if all or a portion of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or as part of a similar transaction, we may transfer the information to the acquiring company or other involved third party;
- We may disclose your information to respond to legal process, such as a subpoena or court order, or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; or
- We may disclose your information as otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating the personal information you provide to us. To update your information stored by Akooba, you may sign in to your account and update your personal information.
Akooba has taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our Website visitors. For example, when you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number and CVC2 number on our checkout forms, that information is encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology, to help protect the communications between you and our payment partners. In addition, user passwords are encrypted before being saved in Akooba's databases. No plaintext passwords are stored in the database.
While we seek to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee the security of the information. We encourage you to take precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You acknowledge and agree that Akooba is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites, and that the access or use of any such linked websites is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims of any type against Akooba with respect to such linked websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Akooba may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Website ("Service Providers"). Service Providers will have access to your personal information needed to perform their business functions, and may use your personal information for their own marketing purposes. However, Service Providers may not use or share that information for other purposes.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This Website is intended for users age eighteen (18) and older. By using the Website, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years old. This Website is not intended for children and the Website does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
Akooba may amend this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on the Website. If we make any material changes in the way we use or disclose the information you provide to us, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions that you would like to ask about this Policy or about our handling of the information collected on our Website, please contact us at the mailing address, email, or phone number below: Akooba, Inc. 870 Childs Point Road Annapolis, MD 21401 United States of America Phone: (844) 433-5387
Effective Date: November 16, 2015